Medicinal plants nourish and protect us from diseases. In addition, they have detoxifying and cleansing powers.
Herbs are therefore an indispensable part of detox therapy. Our kidneys, liver and gut play an essential role during this process.
Classic herbalism has been applied successfully in this domain for decades. Milk thistle and goldenrod are very popular, while enemas and colon cleansing together with fiber intake promote bowel movement and purification, detoxification and regeneration.
We do not always need to use exotic plants – the European medicinal plants have much to offer!
Phytotherapy (herbal medicine) is the oldest medicine that exists.
The advantage of this therapy is that the side effects at appropriate doses are either non-existent or very measurable.
Therefore, medicinal plants are ideal for the treatment of chronic diseases, as well as an adjunctive therapy to allopathic medical measures. The popularity of herbal medicine in Heidelberg and in Germany is increasing steadily.
Medical conditions that may be treated either concomitantly or exclusively with medicinal plants include:
• Gastrointestinal tract: bloating, chronic constipation, diarrhea
• Respiratory system: cough, chronic asthma in seizure-free phases, dry mucous membranes
• Urinary tract: kidney strengthening, recurrent urinary tract infections
• Musculoskeletal: back pain, arthritis, muscle tension and muscle tightness
• Metabolism: liver strengthening
• Nervous system: restlessness, mild depression
• Cardiovascular: cardiac tonic, varicose veins, arteriosclerosis
Medicinal plants offer a wide range of preparation and dosage forms, depending on your, preferences and objectives to be achieved.